Sunday, November 12, 2017

“Friends on that Day will be foes and enemies one to another except for the Pious.”...



الْأَخِلَّاءُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ

“Friends on that Day will be foes and enemies one to another except for the Pious.”Soorah az-Zukruf ayah 67

‘Alee (may Allaah be pleased with him) mentioned:

“Two close friends who are believers and two close friends who are disbelievers.

Then one of the believers dies and says:

O my Lord, indeed so and so (the believing friend) used to advise and command with obedience to You and obedience to Your Messenger, he used to advise and command me with the good and forbid me from the evil, he used to inform me of my meeting with You.O my Lord do not misguide him after me, guide him as You had guided me and honour him as You have honoured me.So when his believing friend passes away they are gathered together and He will say:

“This is because of the praise (dua) of one of you for his companion’(the believing friend) will say:

‘What a blessed brother, an excellent close friend and a splendid companion.’


~

Source:Tafseer of Imaam al-Bagawee, 4/106