Thursday, January 4, 2024

Always mentions the name of Allah

 

Ibn ul-Qayyim رحمه الله تعالى mentioned a statement attributed to the Salaf in origin:

A Shaytan met another Shaytaan and said to him: “Why am I seeing you so thin & skinny?”

So he replied: “I am with a man who upon eating always mentions the name of Allah so I am unable to eat with him. When he drinks he mentions the name of Allah so I am unable to drink with him. When he enters his home he mentions the name of Allah so I (am unable to enter and instead I) have to sleep outside the house”.

So the first Shaytaan said: “I am with a man who upon eating never mentions the name of Allah so I eat with him. When he drinks he never mentions the name of Allah, so I drink with him. When he enters his home he never mentions the name of Allah so I enter with him. When he has intercourse with his wife he never mentions the name of Allah so I have intercourse with her too alongside him”.

عدة الصابرين ص٤٧

[Never  mentions the name of Allah upon intercourse  - i.e. does not say the prescribed the du’a mentioned in Saheeh Bukhary & Saheeh Muslim:

In the name of Allah, O’ Allah, keep the devil away from us and keep the devil away from  what you have blessed us with.*

Taken from: SalafiDawaLancs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Roman Transliteration added for the benefit of  new muslim couple who cannot read Arabic:

بسم الله، اللهم جنبنا الشيطان وجنب الشيطان ما رزقتنا

or with tashkeel to help us reach the correct pronounciation  inshaa' Allaah

بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ اللَّهُمَّ جَنِّبْنَا الشَّيْطَانَ وَجَنِّبِ الشَّيْطَانَ مَا رَزَقْتَنَا

*Bismillāh. Allāhumma jannibnash-Shaytān,Wa jannibish-Shaytāna mā razaqtanā.

In the name of Allah, O’ Allah, keep the devil away from us and keep the devil away from what you have blessed us with.