Friday, November 23, 2018

Excerpt from A Brief Biography of Ibn Abee Aasim ash-Shaybaanee


Abu ash-Shaykh said: I heard my son narrate from Abu Abdullaah al-Kasaa`ee; I heard ibn Abee Aasim say: When the affair of al-Alawee occurred in Basrah all of my books were lost, so I re-wrote fifty thousand ahaadeeth from memory. I used to go to the greengrocers’ shop and write using the light of his lamp. Then I realised that I had not asked the permission of the owner of the lamp [to sit in its light] so I went to the sea and washed away all I had written and wrote it again.

[Ibn Katheer, ‘al-Bidaayah wan Nihaayah’ (11/96); adh-Dhahabee, ‘Siyar’ (13/430-439); Ibn Hajr, ‘Lisaan al-Meezaan’ (7/298)]

Excerpt from: Biographies of the Early Salaf 1 : (151H - 400H) | A Brief Biography of Ibn Abee Aasim ash-Shaybaanee  | Article ID : SRH040002

~

Kindly read the full article here >> : http://www.spubs.com/sps/sp.cfm?subsecID=SRH04&articleID=SRH040002&articlePages=1