Monday, January 10, 2022

Shaykh ‘Allāmah ‘Abdullāh Ibn ‘Aqīl (رحمه الله) about Shaykh ‘Allāmah Rabī ' al-Madkhalī (حفظه الله)

 

Shaykh Allāmah Abdullāh Ibn Aqīl (رحمه الله) about Shaykh Allāmah Rabī' al-Madkhalī

I and a group of our Shaykhs students (may Allāh protect him) were in his large library reading aī Muslim to him in the year 1428 AH (2007). Then Allāmah Abdullāh Ibn Aqīl arrived, gave salām to our Shaykh and said to him: Extend your head towards me so I may kiss it. Shaykh Rabī then said: I seek Allāhs  forgiveness! I seek Allāhs forgiveness! Ibn Aqīl (رَحِمَهُ الله) then sat down, and after asking our Shaykh about his health, he said:

O seekers of knowledge, it is upon you all to learn from Shaykh Rabī. It is upon you to learn from this scholar. By Allāh if he was to leave you  (i.e. by passing away), you will surely bite upon your fingers in regret (i.e. due to failure of benefitting from him).

الإكليل لأجوبة العلامة ربيع بن هادي المدخلي عن أسئلة المصطلح والجرح والتعديل، ص ٢٥ 

Translated by Rayaan Barker

https://telegram.me/SalafiDawaLancs