Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Don't let the long beard fool you... I will not speak without knowledge


11/6/15, 4:12 PM

Narrated by ibn ‘Aun, he said: I was with Al Qasim bin Muhammad when a man came to him asking questions. Al Qasim replied: “I am not suitable to answer.” The man said “I was sent to you, I don’t know anyone other than you.” Al Qasim said: “Don’t look at the length of my beard, and the numerous people around me, I swear by Allah I am not suitable to answer.” There was an old man sitting next to him in the gathering who said: “O my nephew, comply with his request; for by Allah I don’t see anyone in the gathering today nobler than you.” Al Qasim replied: “I swear by Allah, it is more beloved to me to have my tongue cut out than to speak about what I have no knowledge of.

جامع بيان العلم وفضله لابن عبدالبر

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee

 https://mtws.posthaven.com/