Saturday, January 20, 2018

Do you know whom Allah accepts from?



A man once came to Ibn ‘Umar رَضِيَ الله عنهُ begging, so he said to his son;

‘Give him some money’. ‘May Allah عَزَّ وَ جَل accept it from you my father’ said his son. To which Ibn ‘Umar رَضِيَ الله عنهُ  replied “If  I knew that Allah عَزَّ وَ جَل had accepted even a single  prostration from me or a single charity that I had given, then death would be the most dearest thing to me. Do you know who Allah accepts from?


إِنَّمَا يَتَقَبَّلُ اللَّهُ مِنَ الْمُتَّقِينَ

‘Certainly Allah accepts only from the pious’ [Q 5:27]

@SalahIranee
See ad-Durar al-Muntathirah, Suyuti; Muhammad ‘Abd al-Qadir ‘Ata 
Cairo : Dar al-I’tisam, [1987] (8/128)

Source: https://twitter.com/SalahIranee/status/921799198579806208, 10/21/17, 11:03 AM