Friday, December 15, 2017

Narrations of the Salaf about Sincerity, Showing off and the Love of Fame



Muhammad  ibn Al-Qaasim said:

I accompanied Muhammad ibn Aslam for more than 20 years, and I never saw him pray two supererogatory rak’ahs, except on the day of Jum’ah. On one occasion, I heard him take an oath: “By Allaah If I was able to pray a supererogatory prayer where my two angels could not see me; I would do so out of fear of showing off. He used to  enter his house and close his door. I was never aware  of what he would get up until I heard his young son conversing how he used to cry. However, when he used to go outside, he would wash his face and apply  kuhl, and no sign of him crying would be visible. He used to provide for a people and clothe them, but when he would send his Messenger, he used to say: Make sure they don’t know who sent you.

As-Siyar: 12/201

~

Selected from: Narrations of the Salaf about Sincerity, Showing off and the Love of Fame (Taken from the Book ‘Min Akhbaar-is-Salaf’), page. 1 | Compiled and Translated by Abu Abdillaah Hassan as-Somali

View complete PDF here >> http://www.al-athariyyah.com/media/pdf/salafiyyah/narrations_about_salaf.pdf