Thursday, October 5, 2017

Sitting between the two Sajdahs - Fatwas of Ibn Baz


Sitting between the two Sajdahs

One should raise one’s head from Sujud (prostration) saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest) and rest the outside of the left foot flat on the ground and sit on it keeping the right foot upright with the right hand placed open on the right thigh or knee and the left hand placed open on the left thigh or knee. One should then say:

Rabbi ighfirli, rabbi ighfirli, rabbi ighfirli (O Allah! Forgive me! O Allah!Forgive me! O Allah Forgive me!). ”The Messenger of Allah used to say this. It is also recommended to add the following Du’a (supplication): “Allahumma ighfirli warhamni wahdini wajburni warzuqni wa’afini ( O Allah! Forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, console me, provide me with sustenance, and grant me good health).” This Du’a was authentically reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him). There is no wrong if other formulas of Du’a’ are added like saying:” Allahumma ighfirli waliwalidayya, allahumma ad-khilni aljannah wa anjini mina annar, allahumma aslih qalbi wa’mali (O Allah, forgive me and my parents, O Allah, admit me into Paradise and save me from  the Fire! O Allah, rectify my erring heart and bless my deeds…etc). ”Upon the sitting position  between the two Sajdahs (prostrations), one  should recite formulas of seeking forgiveness repeatedly as has been reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him).

~

Source: Fatwas of  Ibn Baz, Volume 11, Part no.11; Page no.37, under the Book of Salah: Section Two (Chapter on the description of Salah) | The way of offering Salah starting with performing Wudu’ until Taslim | Sitting between the two Sajdahs|alifta.net